You don't need to be in default to contact a Student Loan Lawyer
Are you behind on your student loans? Dealing with Student Loan Debt can be incredibly stressful, and falling behind or defaulting on your student loans can result in asset seizure, wage garnishment, loss of eligibility for additional financial aid, or other actions by the Department of Education and/or its loan servicers and debt collectors.
Are you already facing legal action for nonpayment of a student loan? At the Law Office of Keith S. Garret, P.C., our team can provide you with the defense you need in a student loan collections lawsuit, whether federal or private.
Is a Student Loan Lawyer for You?
A student loan lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- Defend you against a collections action, lawsuit or enforcement proceeding
- Federal loan vs. Private loan repayment options
- In-depth analysis of your specific loans and loan terms
- Issues affecting the decision to consolidate
- Benefits and detriments of consolidation
- Analysis of your specific interest rates, broken down by loan type
- Standard Repayment vs. Extended Repayment
- Interest-Only Repayment options, if available
- Explanation of accrued interest, compounding interest and capitalized interest
- Deferment and forbearance options
- Hardship options
- Income-based repayment plans and eligibility
- State-specific loan forgiveness programs
- Public-interest loan forgiveness programs
Whatever the status of your student loans, our team can help. We will review your accounts to identify which programs are available to you based on your individual circumstances, so you can proceed with the option that best suits your needs. Stop stressing about how to handle your loans and call us to discuss a plan for successful management and repayment.
Take control of your financial future. Contact the Law Office of Keith S. Garret, P.C. We are here to help.